Monday, June 3, 2013

Perfect.

 Day 11, Tuesday

Perfect. Today we had the best find of all my years – a perfectly tiny, perfectly vulnerable, perfectly newborn fawn, nestled in the sticks and logs of a skidder trail. My poor partner had almost speared it with his shovel but stopped his throw inches before accidentally harming the sweet thing. He sat down on the log next to it, white-faced and cursing. It looked up at us with its big dark eyes, and slowly breathed in and out through its perfectly tiny wet nose. It was about three of my hands in size; we flagged the space around it (I named it Spock), and saw that its mum was moving it a few feet every few hours. We would often see the powerful mother bounding down skidder trails or through residuals, just catching her erect white tail as it darted past. We also saw a bear today, a beaver, and a little lovely blue egg – the first I’ve seen this season. 




2 comments:

  1. How special! I love it when God does that, puts glimpses of his amazing handiwork out there for us to see and marvel at! Thankful the little thing wasn't hurt and that you are able to have a good memory of that glimpse. Neat that you got a few pics too!
    Hope you are able to continue to see the beauty and good in the everyday my friend!
    Praying.

    ReplyDelete