Saturday, December 5, 2009

'hey Farang!'

Yesterday I went to the lake near here for the first time... it took me ages to find it, but when I got there on my little blue bicycle, it was so worth it... the little lake was crystal clear and embedded in the side of the mountain with streams and little ponds and paths and bridges surrounding it. There was a man renting inner tubes to float on, and if you walked up some stairs chiseled in to the hillside you could get to this little straw house village which sold some food. I was walking around and a group of youth sitting on a straw mat hollered, 'hey! Farang!', ('Farang' can be merely a descriptive term, a name if yours is too hard to pronounce, or a really derogatory term) I looked and they beckoned me over to sit with them. I spent the afternoon teaching them how to slackline (walk a thin rope between two trees, I had brought mine with me), eating with them, and swimming- we even did a bit of cliff jumping! I was so brave. It's so nice to meet people when you're by yourself :). I can't wait to load pictures! My picture sharing keeps being hampered- first because I forgot the cd at home, and now because somehow I've misplaced the cord :S. I can't wait to share my life with you, though! :)

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh sounds like such a wonderfully perfect day! CANT WAIT to see photos!!!!! love you soooooo much!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete