Monday, December 21, 2009

ps.

Hehe... I just remembered.

My housemate told me last night, as she was leafing through my Bible asking me what I thought of homosexuality and evangelists, that she won't let me talk to her children when she has them. She said I could write them letters, but could not talk talk to them... that I would be a bad influence because I hitch-hike, sleep in the forest for months at a time, talk to strangers and don't call my mother as much as I should :S ... oh man, I forget everything she said...hehe; but that she didn't want her kids to turn out like me! That's the best encouragement I've got in months!! ;)

ps. I promise I would call my Mom more if she had skype ;).

3 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! I actually picked up a hitch hiker the other day (don't tell my mother). I think those are all great traits that you can enjoy when you don't hold on too tightly to the idea of self preservation. Just a random thought. Anyway, the hitch hiker was rather uneventful, he talked a lot, smelled a little and had called into my work to have someone come look at a duck by his house because he thought it was sick, when in fact the duck was just losing its feathers. I hope the next hitch hiker I pick up has fascinating stories and smells better! I'll pass the message along to your mother that you're fine good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... what a hilarious conversation that would've been. haha.
    ps. you can talk to my kids for hours on end because if they pick up any of your qualities i would be thrilled!! if there were more people like you in the world it would be such a better place to live. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nico, I also like reading your blog and seeing your thoughts. I love how you are both tender to what is around you and open to seeing the what is good. It's inspiring! And Merry Christmas!!!
    Funny story. Last week my family celebrated our christmas day. It was the only time we would all be together. When I woke up that friday, I was convinced it was the 25th, I even read devotions from the 25th and nearly sent out a merry christmas greeting to all our friends. I almost sent one out to you... then it finally clicked. Ah, I'm an adult and I still get excited for that day. Much love friend, much love.

    ReplyDelete