Monday, February 8, 2010

from inward/outward

Becoming the World

When I really bring others into my innermost being and feel their pains, their struggles, their cries in my own soul, then I leave myself, so to speak, and become them; then I have compassion. Compassion lies at the heart of our prayer for our fellow human beings. When I pray for the world, I become the world; when I pray for the endless needs of the millions, my soul expands and wants to embrace them all and bring them into the presence of God. But in the midst of that experience I realize that compassion is not mine but God's gift to me. I cannot embrace the world, but God can.

1 comment:

  1. hiii nicci, of course i will send it to your thailand address. im very glad you like them. i am wearing one also on my favourite sweater! i will send it out first thing on monday morning :)

    ReplyDelete