Sunday, March 7, 2010

embrace of grace #5708

"God cares way more about me getting to know Him than what I can "do" for Him."

Wise words of the day from my friend Geoff. He is in Africa as an International Development Studies intern. You can find his blog here.

http://pilgrimperspectivesfrompemba.blogspot.com/

It's neat how we are both learning this simple gospel fact in places that would stereotypically need our 'help' the most.

Yesterday I went to a wedding at the Burmese Church. My friend All Rain's wife ran up to me after the service and gave me a big hug. I'm SO glad she speaks Thai... I feel like we share a secret language in a sea of Burmese speakers. I had been looking for her in the congregation but couldn't find her-- and was overjoyed that she had come and I got to see her again. After hugging and chatting I turned to All Rain and exclaimed, 'your wife is beautiful!' I so, so yearn to be here longer to establish a real relationship with her... I feel like we could be like sisters. God definitely has a sense of humour. Praise His name.

I am trying to read the beatitudes every day of lent... and the more I read them... and the more I live... I'm beginning to think he was actually being completely straightforward and serious... so blatant its almost funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment