Tuesday, March 30, 2010

'on the way back'. a lovely concept.


Katie Ironside has just pointed out that my departure from Thailand was exactly a year after I left the first time, with our class at SSU. I suppose this must have some unconscious meaning, yet eludes me at the moment and so will leave it as an interesting anecdote.

I’m currently in transit on my way back to Canada from Thailand. I’m in dreary yet lovely London at the moment, as ‘on the way back’ is a lovely concept when you’re on the other side of the world, and nearly everything except for Vancouver and Hawaii is ‘on the way’. I’m currently visiting with family and friends.

I’m up early this morning, hungry and thinking of all the Thai food I would love to eat... having an imaginary conversation in Thai with a food vendor in my head as I lie in bed, trying to come to terms with invariably losing this language that I’ve worked hard to learn. Such is jetlag. Yet, I did tend to wake up at 6am in Thailand as well.

croissants. yum. much better than green curry in the morning.

I will reserve the next blog for writing about my trip to Laos. Methinks it deserves some blog space : )

1 comment:

  1. It may be dreary, but London doesn't seem to be such a bad place to visit! :) It must feel good to go home (sad and good).

    ReplyDelete