Monday, March 8, 2010

Thoughts from here #2


Some Hmong needlework designs I found in a shop in a border town near Laos on Saturday. Beautiful.


Having fun on the back of Sarah's motor-cy on the way back from an other friend's wedding on Saturday. I can't believe how much fun I have missed out on by just realizing now that I can make faces in the back of Sarah's shiney helmet! H'amazing.


On Sunday after Church I was looking forward to spending an afternoon at the lake with Gaywaa and some others, and was disappointed when he had to change his border pass instead. But then, my friend Thae Thae called and we spent the entire afternoon chatting and praying together. She was off from YWAM translating duties for two days and made the trip up to Mae Sai. She is the one I met on the bus down to Chiang Mai on Boxing Day. Last month she started renting our Church's old kindergarten building in order to transform it into a youth drop-in centre: a place for people to pray, to sleep, to learn, to laugh, to cry, to be. This is the beginning of her dream we talked about on the bus! She gave me a tour of the run down building and we prayed over it. Wow. This place is perfect. Really. Really really. Close to the border, right downtown and behind the market, yet quiet. I'm sold. This is the front of the building- it's shaded by overhanging vines and is private from the street by a bushy bamboo fence. It's so beautiful... in a yearning to be redeemed kind of way :). We sat in a cafe and talked about what her next steps will be. I wrote down a list of things she needs to include in a letter asking for a sponsor/sponsors. She will send it to me when it is finished for me to proper-English-ize. Oh wow... I want to be part of this. I want to paint the building and have a paint fight in 6 different languages, I want to help her design a cafe under the vines, I want to plant a garden on the wide ledge next to the laundry balcony, I want to clear the backyard and plant vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment